Tuesday, March 1, 2011

My patience needs spring.

At the end of winter my nerves tend to be shot, my patience lacking and my hair grayer.  (Ok, maybe not the hair).  I feel like winter is always a time of testing - can I handle being indoors most of the time?  Can I handle close quarters, even with people I love?  Can my patience handle a couped up 17 month old who just wants to play?  So far we've done ok and I've tweaked the system here and there but I am so ready for spring.  I'm ready to throw open the windows and let the sun and fresh air in!  I'm ready for my deck to be swept, our water/sand table set up and toys all around so my kid can run and play! 

I think my heart is more receptive to life in the spring.  It feels new and renews my focus and my strength.  I think winter is almost always a time of testing and spring always seems like a reward. 

Ah spring, I miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment