Saturday, February 26, 2011

New Blog, New Day

I attempted blogging before but quickly found myself overwhelmed with both the thought that people might read my words and the thought that people might actually expect me to update frequently.  Having deleted that blog and relieving the pressure, I'm once again tempted to join the blogging world to share my journeys. 

I am a wife (4 years) a mom (17 months) and soon to have another little one.  I find that my day to day life excites me as I try to figure out who I am and how I fit into this craziness that seems to have claimed me as it's keeper.  I adore my husband and beautiful baby girl.  Sometimes I wonder how to balance it all though and that is probably my biggest struggle.  Deep down, I wish I could focus all my attention on my family and home.  I have a full time job (working from home thank the Lord) that I enjoy - but the balancing act takes its toll as any mom with split focus would tell you.

I also have a fear of being found out.  Being found out that I'm not the best wife in the world, that I'm not the best cook (OK, everyone already knows that), that I'm not a good house keeper, I have no idea what I'm doing as a mom (although she is turning out pretty darn well if I do say so myself) and that I tend to overuse parenthesis.  I also dread the blinking red light on my blackberry letting me know I have an email - I shouldn't fear my inbox right?

One of these days...maybe when I'm 40, I'll get it all together and know what life is really about.  But until then, welcome to my life with Grace (my daughter) and all the other blessings God has given me!

No comments:

Post a Comment